Last Updated: July 18, 2018
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of our Services, and to enable you to enjoy and navigate our Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITE
If you visit our Site, you may choose to provide us with your email address or other contact information in order to obtain information about our Services. We collect this information only for our marketing purposes and will not share this information with third parties.
If you create an Account, we’ll collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number (“PII”). If you create an Account using your login credentials from a third-party single sign-on service (SSO Service), we’ll be able to access and collect your name, email address, and other PII that your privacy settings on the third-party service permit us to access. If you log into your account with a third-party SSO Service we will receive a login validation token, but will not receive or store your single sign-on service password. We may also collect your gender, date of birth, and other information that is not considered PII because it cannot be used by itself to identify you.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH USING COOKIES AND OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
Like many website owners and operators, we use automated data collection tools such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect certain information.
- “Web Beacons” (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email).
- APIs” or application programming interfaces are software components that enable our Services to communicate with third-party services. We may use APIs to enable our Services to communicate with and gather information from third-party services, such as SSO Services, used by you.
- Our Site does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
INFORMATION RELATED TO USE OF OUR SERVICES
As part of you and your employees’ use of our Services, we will collect and analyze data provided to us via the various third-party accounts you enable for use with our Services. Because the third party accounts are enterprise business applications that you and your employees use in your day-to-day operations and communications, we may receive trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information about your business, employees, or other highly sensitive topics that may be incidental to our efforts to collect information about organizational structure and communication as part of our Services.
Our servers automatically record certain information about how you our Services (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both Account holders and non-Account holders. Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that you clicked on, comments and other communications conducted over our Services, information from other third party products and services that we enable you to connect to you Accounts and other statistics.
We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to your needs and preferences. We may use your IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used.
When you use our services we may collect and store information about your location, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation, or, if you access our Services via a mobile device, by accessing your mobile device’s coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device. In addition, some of the third-party accounts you use with our Services may contain your location information, which may then be shared with us.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to:
- Personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- Improve our Services (we may use your information and feedback to improve our Services, including our products, bots, and website)
- Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- Process payments
- Run promotions, contests, surveys, or other features
- Market products and services to you that we believe may be of interest to you
- Send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
- Send periodic emails with updates pertaining to our Services
- Respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose.
Information We Share
We will not share any PII that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Information Shared with Our Services Providers. We may engage third party services providers to work with us to administer and provide our Services. These third party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- Information Shared with Third Parties. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties to enhance the effectiveness of our Services and for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling, benchmarking, and other similar purposes. As part of our Services we may share aggregate, anonymous demographic information, survey results, market trends, and other analysis that we create based on the information we receive from you and other customers. Such information will never identify you, your business, or your employees.
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your PII, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate:
- to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas);
- to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
- to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Crescendo transmits data over public networks using strong encryption. This includes data transmitted between Crescendo clients and Crescendo services, as well as data transmitted between your messaging platforms (i.e. Slack, Teams, and Google Suite) and Crescendo services. Crescendo supports the latest recommended cipher suites to encrypt traffic in transit and data at rest, and takes reasonable measures to protect the information we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Whenever possible, we use Canadian-based datacenters. Crescendo is build on the Microsoft Azure cloud, and certain services we use are not available in Canadian datacenters. In those cases, your data may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of Canada. More information on Azure’s datacenters can be found here.
DATA USE REGARDING SLACK
DATA USE REGARDING MICROSOFT
Crescendo is built on Microsoft Azure and, as such, your data will interact with various services within Azure. These are subject to Microsoft's Online Services Terms, which you can download here.
Modifying Your Information
If you would like to permanently remove Crescendo from your company (Company Profile Deletion), or if you would like to permanently remove your personal data from Crescendo (Personal Profile Deletion), you can ask us to delete your profile information. Both options are detailed below:
PERSONAL PROFILE DELETION
If you are a Crescendo user or an employee at a company that uses Crescendo, you may ask Crescendo to delete your profile.
Information and metadata tied to your account (including name, email, and channel membership list)
Personal Analytics measurements
What’s Not Deleted:
Your anonymized personal statistics will be included in any Group Analytics that you were conducted for your workplace during your use of Crescendo services. Beyond the date of Personal Profile Deletion, your data will not be included in any new reports.
COMPANY PROFILE DELETION
If you are the Workplace Administrator, you may ask Crescendo to delete your workspace information.
We will perform a full Personal Profile Deletion for every user tied to your company’s Crescendo instance (see above for details). In addition, the following will also be deleted:
Information about the performance of your workplace
Information you have provided us that may be linked back to your organization
What’s Not Deleted:
Your anonymized company statistics will be included in any global analytics that you opted in to during your use of Crescendo services. Beyond the date of Company Profile Deletion, your data will not be included in any new reports.
MAKING A DELETION REQUEST
Send us a note at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following:
Your first and last name
The name of your company
The email address associated with your workplace profile
We’ll contact you to confirm your request.
Once your request is confirmed and completed, Crescendo will remove your name, email address, and other unique identifiers from our systems.
Third Party Websites and Services
Privacy of Minors
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Your Acceptance of These Terms